BREATHWORK FOR WELL-BEING WITH DEEPAK CHOPRA. Discover the healing power of your own breath with the new course Breathwork for Well-being with Deepak Chopra, led by integrative medicine pioneer, Deepak Chopra, M.D., F.A.C.P.
Pranayama is the ancient yogic practice of becoming aware of your breath and using it to enhance your physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being. In this beginner-level course, Deepak will guide you step-by-step in three foundational pranayama breathing techniques that will help you experience the power of conscious breathing in just a few minutes a day:
- Dirga or Three-Part Breathing – this deep breathing technique engages the full capacity of your lungs and increases your oxygen supply, reducing stress and anxiety while allowing you to enjoy the gifts of present moment awareness
- Ujjayi or Victorious Breath – a yogic breathing technique that both soothes and energizes the mind and body, releasing feelings of irritation and frustration while helping you return to your natural state of balance and well-being
- Nadi Shodhana or Relaxing Breath – a powerful alternate-nostril breathing technique that calms the nervous system, helps release emotional blockages in the body, and fosters a restful, aware mind
With regular practice, these breathing techniques will help you cultivate a clear, peaceful mind and a vibrant, healthy body. They can be practiced alone or as a valuable tool to complement and deepen your meditation practice. When practiced prior to meditating, these techniques calm your mind, helping you move more effortlessly into a state of expanded awareness and inner quiet.
The Benefits of Conscious Breathing
Your breath is essential to life, but like so many people, you may have developed unhealthy breathing habits without being aware of it. For example, modern living and stressful experiences often lead to shallow, tense, quick breathing. This deprives the body of oxygen, which can contribute to fatigue, anxiety, weakened immunity, mental sluggishness, premature aging, and other unnecessary health issues.
The Breathwork for Well-being with Deepak Chopra course will show you how to breathe consciously, fully, and deeply, allowing you to expand the flow of vital life force energy to every cell in your body.
As the scientific research shows, the mind-body health benefits of a regular deep breathing practice include:
- Reduced anxiety and depression
- Lower and/or stabilized blood pressure
- Increased energy levels
- Muscle relaxation
- Improved sleep
- Greater stress resilience
We invite you to enjoy Breathwork for Well-being with Deepak Chopra and allow the life-force breath to flow through you more fully and freely, increasing your health, vitality, abundance, and well-being.
The course includes:
- Access to four exclusive audio teachings from Deepak Chopra
- Instruction in three different pranayama techniques to calm the body and mind
- Supplemental reading
- Photographs of a Chopra Center–certified instructor showing examples of proper posture and hand placement for the breathing techniques
- Lifetime access to all the lectures and course resources
As you will discover in this course, paying attention to your breath and learning to influence the patterns of your breath can help you change what’s happening in your mind and body. Become more open to joy, peace, love, and all the gifts of present moment awareness through Breathwork for Well-being with Deepak Chopra.